Another transfer done. It's crazy.
The time is flying by. It was a
good week. One Tuesday we had Zone Conference. Each district was given a topic and each
missionary was told to prepare a training for that and President would choose
day of who would give trainings. I was
chosen to give the training for our district on commitment. It went really well I thought. The focus was kind of recommitting at
different stages of the journey. Pre-earth,
when we put our papers in, when we receive the call, then also when we are in
the field. I really liked studying it
out and stuff. The major focus of the
Conference was not giving in to fear. It
was really powerful.
Saturday we had 2 baptisms. They were helping to complete families and it
was great to see the joy the families had on Sunday after those received the
Holy Ghost.
We also baptized an older
guy (muze) on Sunday before church. His
name is Ojok and he is a powerful guy. He
really strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon and how it changes us. A few weeks ago he was questioning everything
and what not. Then that all just kind of
stopped and we found out that he had really been reading the Book of Mormon. It changed him completely and now he has a
powerful testimony of everything.
This morning we received transfer news but
I'll come back to that. We went to Chobe
again and had a really good time. We saw
a lot of monkeys and warthogs but not too much else. Anyways back to transfer news. You guys probably won't be as excited as I am
but I'm going to RWANDA! I'm way excited. That is the one place I wanted to go while I
was here. Enduring Adyel for the past
little while is all worth it. I'm really
going to miss the people here though. They
are really great... But RWANDA! Wahoo!
My new comp is named Elder Ndgovu.
This will be his second transfer.
Some people think I am opening a new area but I'm not sure. From the sounds of it I have to learn a new
language as well. I'm excited. It
will be great.
Love you all and have a great week.
Elder E.E. Buyers
P.S. Grandma, the Elders loved the spaghetti.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I was actually able to email
back and forth with him a little bit this morning and ask a few questions about
his transfer news.
Kelly - Rwanda? Cool! When
do you move??
Elder Buyers - I leave lira on Wednesday day but that's
all I know.
Kelly - I’m sure it'll be awesome!
Is it pretty rural there too??
Elder Buyers - It probably won’t
be. The church is really new there so I
think it is mostly just in the cities. I’m
really excited though.
No comments:
Post a Comment