Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rice & Beans

For every lunch since I've been here all we eat are rice and beans. It's getting really old. Every day, day after day, all we eat is beans and rice. Oh well. Mainly the only reason I eat now is so that I don't die. It's all just a filler. No joy anymore.  haha.


We had a pretty good week. We met our goal of 42 lessons this week. We actually got 44.  The only bad thing is that nobody really wants to be baptized. We set 8 baptism dates but only 2 of them are keeping their commitments and one of those might not be able to be baptized because he is only 17. Our requirements for baptism here are pretty much 18/done with high school, male, able to hold calling as soon as baptized, and comes to church twice. It make things really hard. Women can be baptized either if their husband is baptized or they come to church consistently for 6 months. The one is progressing really well though so we should have at least 1 baptism this transfer. There aren't enough Sundays left for those we find from now on to be baptized this transfer but we will keep working.  

Me & Oscar
Our real problem is finding people that are legit. Most of them won't turn anyone away just because that how things are here. They especially don't turn away "men of god" as they call us. I wish it was more obvious who is real and who is not. They don't show much emotion or respond much either when you are teaching. It’s interesting.

A bunch of us guys outside church
For my birthday we didn't do too much but my companion, Elder Cobabe, ordered some meat samosas for dinner. They were amazing. He also ordered a big cinnamon role. We but a candle in it and had some dessert.  (Don't worry mom. I don't feel as wore out as I look in the picture).


Last night we went to a members house that invited us over to slaughter a goat and have dinner.  it was all great except the made me try the offiles (intestines). the texture was bad enough but then you add in the taste of goat.  oh man it was bad. I'm not a big fan of goat and it had the taste of goat meat but 100 times as strong. I almost thew up. Never again.

I printed off and read the setting apart. It was awesome. I read it every morning. It has a lot of great things. That man (President Follett) is amazing.

{Mom} A few emails back, you mentioned getting home to share with your guard. What does that mean? Do you have a guard? If so, why?

All the mission houses have guards. They are surrounded by 8-10 ft tall walls with big steel gates in front. I'll take a picture and send it to you next week.

{Mom} You are looking like you need a haircut. Do you have someone to do it for you, or are you left with your companion doing it?

Oh i was going to say something about that. I tried to charge the clippers but our converter or something is broke and it fried it. i was going to use another elders clippers today but we didn't have power till about 3. i'm working on it though. I also want you to do something else. read section 31 especially verses 5 and 6.

Well that's about it. I hope everything is good with you all love ya.


Elder E.E. Buyers


No comments:

Post a Comment