Monday, August 12, 2013

The Scriptures Will Come True... With or With Out The Money!


The view we saw when we were tracting on Thursday {08/08}
I agree it is good to have a dog but not really this one. I'm afraid to touch it more than one finger scratching his head. haha. He's got a few ticks on him that are visible and i'm not sure what other kind of parasites are hiding. It's still cool though. I heard that in the summer it doesn't rain as much but it will still be pretty humid I think because all the plants stay green and its hot.  it's coming up so we will see.  

Kelly, I don't want to hear about bug bites. The mosquito are so bad here it's not even funny. My arms and feet are tore up.  I'm in long pants until I get under my net and go to bed because I don't want any more. But, I do love Gatorade and snow cones. We don't have those here. There's plenty of coke and sprite though, and it's pretty cheap.

A truck we saw. It was filled with speakers and people and there was a guy that was playing the radio. It was pretty cool

Well last week wan't too bad.  Right after I got done emailing you guys Elder Cobabe and I were walking to a store to meet the zone leaders so we could get a few things for our house and we had this guy run up to us.  you could tell he was mad.  He started asking were Elder Plant was (a missionary that left Lira a few months ago) and demanding to talk to him.  We told him we couldn't do that and stuff but he kept following us for the 1/4 mile it was to the store, and kept demanding he talk to Elder Plant.  At one point he asked us when and why we changed our name from Mormons to The Church of Jesus Christ... it was funny.  He didn't go into the store with us but when we came out a few minutes later he was still there.  We hopped in the back of the zone leaders truck and he walked pasted and said "The scriptures will come true, with or with out the money." haha.

Other than that the week wasn't too interesting.  On Thursday we went on splits with some members.  We met a lot of new people but only one of them really seemed interested and we've only seen him since.  His name is Bush.  That day I was with a kid named Emmanuel.  He is getting his papers ready. We probably walked 25-30 miles. No joke. Our area is huge and we covered quite a bit of it.  At one point I think we were about 3 miles from the Church.  So yeah, I'm guessing we've walked about 100 miles last week.

The other guys in our district had a baptism on Saturday. That was really cool. The spirit was really strong.

That's about it. Love and miss you all.

Elder E.E. Buyers

No comments:

Post a Comment