I don't have
much this week but it was really good. I turned 3 months on the 10th. Man the time has really started to fly by. I try to read the transcription of my setting
apart at least once a week. when I read
it this week I noticed how right after I was set apart President said,
"well you're just as much a missionary now as you were 3 months from now.”
I also looked a bit back into my journal
and stuff. Man, I might have the exact
same authority and power as I did then but I am nowhere near the same missionary. The craziest thing is how you don't even
realize it. You just change. In all good ways but you change.
Anyway, this week was pretty
good. Tuesday morning we did some
service. Digging. Not too much fun but it was a good workout. My hands have gotten so soft in the last
little while. It happens fast when you
don't work much. I got a few blisters. Wednesday was Independence. President said to do what we can but enjoy
the day. In the morning we worked a bit then we went to a celebration
that was in Lira. It wasn't much. A few people talked about how great Uganda
can and will become and a bit of the army was just standing in the field. After a while we decided to head to lunch and
afterward went to the church for a small party that they were having. On the way to the church we walked past a
water pump that a bunch of people were lined up at. At this point the water had been out in all
of Lira for about 3 days so everyone needed water. Right after we walked past I decided to help
out a bit. I was just planning on filling like 2 cans then be on our way
but then the enyabos (women) that were there started taunting me saying that
munos (white people) can't work. I got
inspired so I filled 15 10-liter gerycans.
That might not sound like a lot but oh man. I was pumping for about 40 minutes. It was good though and I didn't really work
out that morning so it was good. Other
than that is was an average week. Lessons
were good. We found some great people. It was good.
On Friday we had just started working and our plans were
terrible because nobody answered phone and what not. It looked like it was going to be a long day.
We were walking down the street and passed a motorcycle that had a
sticker on the housing of its headlight.
It said, "Don’t lose hope." that has kind of been my motto for
the past few days and it was been helping.
Have faith in God and he will provide a way if it be his will.
Today we are at a place called Chobe. It is a resort kind of place in a national
park. It is a NICE place. On the way in we saw all kinds of animals. Giraffe, Cape buffalo, warthog, hippos,
monkeys, baboons, all kinds of bucks, impala, a lot of stuff. We are hoping to see elephant on the way out. It has been a nice relaxing day.
It’s hard for me to see things changing. The only season there is here is hot. Things are supposed to be drying up in November
but it never cools off. It just gets
hotter. It still seems like it is July. I miss the seasons but I will be back soon
enough. Everything is starting to move faster. There isn't enough
time in the days and stuff. There might
be hope for me after all. After all, I’m
1/8 of the way done already, haha.
Nearly everyone in Adyel has gardens. It is almost village so there are places with
just huge fields. It’s crazy to think. They do all this by hand. Plow with a ho (dig. vary tiring) plant by
hand. Everything. Some fields are twice the size of our
property at home. All worked by hand. It’s crazy.
Just so you know transfer 2 in over. We get transfer news tomorrow but I have a
feeling I am staying in Adyel/Lira.
Love you all,
Elder E.E. Buyers
No comments:
Post a Comment