Some of you might have noticed that there hasn't been a general email from Elder Buyers for a few weeks. Rather than leaving this blog in the dark we decided to pull some fun stuff that he's sent in some of our personal emails over the last few weeks. The stuff in italic is from one of us and the red is his response.
------------------------------------------
Well you have passed 7 months
in Africa. When you live in a United
State for a year you officially become a resident of that state. So in 5 months you will be an African. Of course I suspect that you are already in
your heart. I know you have come to love
the people there.
I became African quite a while
ago. Sometimes when I look in the mirror
I surprise myself and remember I'm white.
I guess that's a good thing though.
You really forget that there is a big difference like that. Race isn't even noticed on my part anymore.
Are you working on learning a
new language? You mentioned there might
be a need when you first got to Rwanda but we hadn't heard anything more.
Not too many people here speak English
so every day in order to get things done we have to work with a member to translate
for us. They speak Kinyarwandan and some
speak French. I'm trying to learn it but
it is a slow process.
So, tell us about the food in
Rwanda. Is it still beans and rice and
beans and rice and beans and rice? Ha Ha! Rwanda seems to be a little more modern than
the little town of Lira. Does the
electricity go out in as often as in Uganda?
Is the laundry situation a little less primitive? Do you have a washer and drier in your house? Or at least better service from the members.
Food isn't rally rice and beans. You get a plate of rice beans, noodles,
matoke, greens, cabbage and a few other things.
There is am food but it's too spendy for a missionary. Power is pretty stable. We have a washer but the plug started having
issues and now it doesn't work. Back to
hands. I haven't seen a drier since I
left the MTC.
No comments:
Post a Comment